Can I make a claim?

Can I make a claim?

Do I have a claim?

Jordans Solicitors understand that in any childhood abuse claim, the abuse of trust can be the most difficult aspect to come to terms with. If you have been subjected to abuse from someone who was in a position of trust, such as a carer, parent or professional, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.

Our team of specialist abuse solicitors understand that making a claim for abuse can be extremely difficult, stressful and upsetting, which is why they can help you through every step of your case. Our legal experts have successfully represented a number of difficult abuse claims, including:

  • Sexual Abuse – This includes any kind of indecent assault or molestation which has involved the forcing of undesired sexual behaviour.
  • Physical Abuse – This can include physical injuries such as being beaten, hit, cut or burnt as well as being confined or restrained against your will.
  • Psychological Abuse – this can involve any kind of psychological trauma inflicted by threatening behaviour, insults and intimidation.
  • Neglect – this can be a failure to provide basic living or protection from harm and can include food, water, heating, adequate housing and healthcare.

Whether you have suffered abuse as a child, or you are a parent or carer who is working on behalf of an abused child, arrange a free, no obligation consultation with Jordans Solicitors to learn more about the claims process.

Do I need to talk to the police?

You should tell the police about the abuse you have endured as soon as you are able to talk about it. However, the psychological trauma that is often caused by abuse means that it could be a number of years before you are able to talk openly about your experiences. The police have dedicated officers who will listen to your complaint with compassion and will take your allegations seriously. Once you have discussed the details of your experiences, they will be able to investigate the allegations as tactfully as possible.

Who Do I Claim Against?

Of course, we know that money will never make up for the broken trust and abuse that you have suffered, but it can go some way towards helping you to rebuild your life. We may be able to bring your child abuse claim against either the person who abused you or the organisation who employed your abuser.

Can I change my law firm if I’ve already started a claim?

Child abuse claims can be very complex and it is an ever developing area of law, which is why it is vital that you work with a law firm who specialises in child abuse claims. You also need to have confidence in your lawyer.

Our solicitors have specific expertise in helping child abuse survivors rebuild their lives and to put the past behind them. The child abuse solicitors at Jordans will handle your case with the highest possible levels of sensitivity and respect, with all claims handled in complete confidence.

If you have started a claim with a firm that does not specialise in child abuse claims then speak to Jordans today and we’ll advise you on whether you are getting the best advice.

Can I claim compensation elsewhere?

Victims of child abuse may be able to make an additional claim against the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) and this is something that you should consider doing. You can talk through how to claim with one of the experts at Jordans. You can find out more about the process here

Is there a time limit on when I can claim?

Child abuse can take a long time to come to terms with and it can be difficult for victims to speak out about their traumatic experiences. Regardless of how long ago the abuse took place, you may still be able to make a claim. Talking to an expert at Jordans will help you to clarify if you can make a case and claim for compensation.

Click here for more information on how Jordans Solicitors team can help you with your child abuse compensation claim.

Want to start a claim or ask a question?

Call us on 0800 9555 094 or get us to call you Speak to one of our expert advisors for free, confidential advice about your claim.