If you suspect a child is being abused then you can report your concerns to the police or to the Children’s Services department at the Local Authority.

To report to the police dial 999 in an emergency or 101 if not. You can also attend your local police station and tell someone what has happened. An initial report will be taken and a specialist investigator will be in touch.

To report to the Local Authority, contact the children’s services team and ask to speak to a duty social worker.

You can also report concerns about child abuse to a number of other people including: health visitors; doctors and hospital staff; youth and community workers; probation officers; teachers and other school staff; nursery staff; education welfare officers and educational psychologists.

You should be aware that these people may have to pass on your concerns to children’s services or the police.

Related Blog Articles