If you are a parent concerned about thoughts of hurting your child — contact your GP for advice and assistance as they may be able to refer you for specialist counselling to help you cope with the stress of being a parent.

Alternatively you could get in touch with the Samaritans who will listen to you and help you talk through your concerns, worries and troubles. They will focus on your thoughts and feelings rather than going into the details, so they may ask questions to help explore how you feel. Their number is 08457 909090.

Mind may also be able to help. Their contact number is 0300 123 3393 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm) 020 8519 2122.

You could get in touch with your local mental health service via the NHS here.

If you feel highly agitated, anxious, in despair, experience suicidal impulses or the need to self-harm, are immobilised by depression, or are frightened when you are in the changed reality of psychosis, then you may need to seek emergency help and call 999.

Related Blog Articles