A neighbour dispute is very common. You cannot choose your neighbour. If you fall out, the situation can quickly spiral out of control.
A neighbour dispute is the most upsetting problem to deal with. It can take over your life. It is hard to get on with life when you have fallen out with your neighbour.
A common neighbour dispute includes:
- Disputes over the position of the boundary
- Disputes about parking rights
- Disputes about noise
- Dispute about planning applications
If you find yourself in a neighbour dispute, what should you do? Here are some helpful tips:
- Stay calm. Shouting will not help.
- Speak to your neighbour face to face.
- Try to explain your view in a clear and calm way.
- If you have tried this or don’t feel you can, write them a letter.
- Avoid blaming your neighbour. They may not know their actions are upsetting you.
- Tell your neighbour what you want them to do.
If this does not help you should seek legal advice. It is important to know where you stand legally as soon as a neighbour dispute happen.
Having taken legal advice you may feel able to speak to your neighbour again. Jordan’s Solicitors advice may help you to discuss the problem with your neighbour to find a solution.
If not, Jordan’s Solicitors can help you resolve your neighbour dispute.
Our approach is to avoid court action if possible to resolve your neighbour dispute quickly and cost effectively.
Contact Susan Lewis for further information.