FINANCIAL ADVICE CLAIMS
We have an experienced team of professional negligence solicitors that have extensive experience in pursing professional negligence claims against financial advisors.
If you received bad advice from a financial adviser, you may be able to claim compensation.
Get in touch for a free, no obligation discussion if you believe you may have suffered negligence as a result of instructing a financial advisor.
WHAT IS FINANCIAL ADVISER MALPRACTICE?
Financial advisers can be instructed to advise you on a variety of different investment products. This includes pensions, annuities, property schemes, stocks and shares, and investments like timeshares.
Financial advisers have a duty of care to their clients. They are expected to perform their role with the skill and care that you would expect of a reasonably competent financial adviser.
If a financial adviser fails to exercise their duty of care and as a result you suffer a loss, then you may be able to bring a claim for professional negligence and/or breach of statutory duty against the financial adviser.
EXAMPLES OF FINANCIAL ADVISER PROFESSIONAL NEGLIGENCE
The way financial advice is classed as negligent varies from product to product but generally speaking, you may be able to pursue a claim if:
- You were advised to invest in products that were unsuitable to your individual needs.
- The financial adviser failed to consider the risk involved or wrongly assessed your attitude towards risk in regard to investments.
- Your financial adviser misrepresented the investments or financial products.
- You adviser failed to disclose that they may receive commission for recommending a particular product, which may have impacted on their advice.
NEGLIGENT FINANCIAL ADVICE CASES WE CAN HELP WITH
- Negligent Investment Advice
- Negligent Pension or SIPP Advice
- Negligent Interest Rate Swap Agreements
- Negligent Investment Property Schemes
- Negligent Annuity Advice
- Negligent GRG (RBS) Claims
- Negligent Mortgage Advice
Do time limits apply to financial claims?
There are time limits for certain types of financial claims. It’s important you get in contact with us as soon as possible so we can accurately advise you of your options.
How can I pay for my claim?
Depending on your circumstances, we may be able to offer a conditional fee (no win/no fee) agreement or a fixed fee agreement.
What if the financial adviser I used is no longer in business?
If you are looking to sue your financial adviser for negligence but they are no longer in business, we may still be able to help.
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) helps individuals claim compensation in those specific circumstances. If this is the case with your claim then we would charge a percentage of the compensation recovered.
CONTACT US TODAY
Jordans Solicitors have an experienced professional negligence department that can advise if you are considering pursing a professional negligence claim. Call us free on 0330 300 1103 or click here for a call back.