Job Title: Full time/Part-time Legal Administration Assistant
Hours: Full time Monday – Friday (9.00 am to 5.00 pm)
Jordans Solicitors are a dynamic Yorkshire law firm with offices in Dewsbury, Horsforth, Selby and Wakefield. With a 70 year record of excellent service, Jordans are a highly acclaimed choice for the West Yorkshire area and beyond.
We are looking for a highly-organised and proactive candidate to provide administrative support to our solicitors and fee earners in our Selby Office.
Varied responsibilities will include:
- Producing routine correspondence from audio typing.
- General secretarial/administration work including photocopying, scanning, putting bundles together and filing.
- Taking initial instructions from new clients both over the telephone and face to face.
- General housekeeping for the Selby office including handling incoming and outgoing post (scanning and post folding), handling basic financial matters including petty cash, cheque requisitions, invoice payments and banking etc
- Making and receiving telephone calls in a professional manner.
- The above will involve communications both face to face and over the telephone, with clients, third parties, defendants, courts etc.
- To deal with all visitors to the Selby office by providing appropriate introduction and hospitality.
- Marketing including researching and organising activity face book, networking events and advertising.
To succeed in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- A background in administration or similar office-based secretarial position, preferably with a law firm.
- A minimum of GCSE or equivalent at grade C/5 in maths and English, preferably studied at A’ Level.
- A typing qualification and extensive audio typing experience.
- Strong IT experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media, particularly face book.
- Experience of dealing with financial matters including balancing petty cash, paying invoices, requesting cheques.
- A keen eye for detail and passion for accuracy.
- Strong communication skills on a verbal and written basis.
- Ideally you will have word processing and/or case management experience.
Please don’t hesitate to apply if you are interested and have the right skills and experience.
Closing date: Friday 18th October 2019.
How to apply:
Send your CV to email@example.com or to
- Jordans Solicitors,
- Human Resources,
- Unity Hall,
- Smyth Street,
- West Yorkshire,
- WF1 1ED