In conjunction with the firm’s 70th birthday, we are challenging members of our staff to “Walk the Wakefield Way” in exchange for sponsorship for CAP Care.
The Wakefield Way is a 70 mile circular walk around the outskirts of the Wakefield Area, the route is available on the Ramblers Association website.
There are 4 teams of 4/5 members of staff who will each walk one of the sections of the Wakefield Way on Friday 20 September 2019. Each section incorporates several of the parts of the walk and each team will walk between 13 – 21 miles (or 21 – 34 kilometres) on the big day. This will be a significant challenge for all of those involved.
CAP Care aims to help relieve the suffering caused by poverty in the Wakefield area and beyond. They raise awareness of the problems of caused by poverty in the community, and the work of the Community Awareness Programme.
CAP Care provides the following services:
- Practical Support
- Meals, Shower, Toiletries, Clothing, Household items, Furniture
- Personal and Emotional Support
- Friendship, Care, Advice, a Listening Ear
- Fresh Start
- Help with Employment, benefit applications etc
- Referral to Other Agencies
- Child Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Marriage, Family, Debt, Anger
If anyone would like to sponsor our staff, please click the below link to take you to our Just Giving page:-