Here at Jordans Solicitors we can help you if you feel that you have suffered unnecessary pain or injury as a result of a delay in diagnosis or a misdiagnosis, this can include a failure to refer promptly for investigations or, being diagnosed with a condition which later turns out to be incorrect and for which you have undergone unnecessary treatment.
Delay or misdiagnosis can occur in many and various different situations including failing to diagnose a tumor or cancer to missing the presence of a fracture or, failing to properly treat an infection. In the worst cases these failures can have tragic consequences, involving the death of a family member.
– In the case of DN a delay in proper treatment of an infection lead to a bone infection and the need for extensive hip surgery leaving the client in a wheelchair.
– Negligent delay in diagnosis of DD’s dislocated hip caused significant hip damage and the need for extensive surgery leaving him with a shortened leg and permanent limp
– Delay in repair of LD’s strangulated hernia resulted in him suffering severe abdominal injuries, requiring the need for intensive care admission and leaving him with extensive abdominal scarring.
– In the case of JP wrong diagnosis of an ectopic pregnancy resulted in unnecessary termination of a healthy pregnancy and possible infertility
– Mrs W’s cancer was misdiagnosed as invasive when it involved only superficial tissue resulting in the unnecessary removal of her jaw with the need for bone grafting and reconstructive surgery.
Our Commitment to You
Our expert medical negligence lawyers are committed to client care. Led by Christine Sands, Jordans has a specialist compensation claims team with many years of experience in this area. We can guarantee that your initial meeting will be with a specialist medical negligence solicitor which will take place at a local office in Wakefield, Dewsbury, Horsforth or Selby. Alternatively we can meet you at your home address to discuss.
To see how Jordans Solicitors can help you, call 0330 300 1103 or request a call-back.