You may have found yourself in a situation where you have had to take your employer or former employer to an employment tribunal. Whilst you may have had a strong claim you may have been denied a successful outcome due to your solicitor’s negligence. This may have left you without compensation and out of pocket.
If you’d like to discuss your potential compensation claim, you can call us on 01924 457171 or fill in our enquiry form below for a free, no obligation consultation.
Examples of employment law professional negligence
You may have an employment law professional negligence claim if your solicitor:
- Failed to adhere to the strict time limits of the employment tribunal.
- Failed to prepare your case properly.
- Failed to understand both your case and employer’s.
- Failed to comply with directions and/or time limits set by the Tribunal.
- Failed to claim the correct heads of damages permissible in the Tribunal and as a consequence failed to value your claim correctly.
- Failed to make offers or consider and advise on offers made giving correct weight to the strengths and weaknesses of your claim.
- Failed to advise correctly or at all on the terms of any settlement or compromise agreement.
- Failed to advise on the merits of an appeal and/or failed to advise on the time limits for an appeal to be lodged.
There are many other situations which could mean you may be able to make a compensation claim. If you’d like to find out more, call us on 01924 457171 or fill out our enquiry form to receive a call back.
A member of our professional negligence team will be in touch for a free, no obligation consultation.