Participating in general litigation or disputes can be a costly business. You may be a claimant or defendant relying on your solicitor to guide you through the minefield of risks that could see you losing out financially even if you “win” your case.
In these situations, you may be entitled to claim compensation.
Examples of General Litigation and Disputes Negligence
You could be entitled to make a claim if your solicitor failed to:
- Identify the correct defendant
- Advise you on the correct law or procedure
- Value the claim correctly and subsequently under-settled
- Prepare the case properly
- Identify and instruct an expert witness
- Prepare properly for trial by lodging a proper and compliant trial bundle and ensuring all expert and lay witnesses attended
- Give any advice on the correct costs
These are not all the ways your solicitor could have acted negligently. If you would like more information or advice, speak to our team on 01924 457171 or fill in our enquiry form below and we’ll be in touch for a free, no obligation consultation.