Divorce can cause a lot of tension, especially when it comes to dividing matrimonial assets. A solicitor’s negligence can be far reaching and leave you without the financial security you are entitled to.
If you believe this has happened to you, you may be entitled to claim compensation.
Examples of Matrimonial Assets Advice Negligence
You may be able to bring a claim if:
- Your solicitor failed to apply the correct law or procedure.
- Your solicitor failed to advise you fully and correctly on the merits and risks of a contested hearing.
- Your solicitor failed to obtain expert evidence where appropriate.
- Your solicitor failed to know and recognise if your possible vulnerability had an adverse impact on the instructions they provided which may go against your interests.
- Your solicitor failed to value your claim correctly or under-settled.
- Your solicitor failed to correctly value a pension or instruct an expert for this purpose where appropriate.,
- Your solicitor failed to apply for a freezing injunction either in time or at all.
- Your solicitor failed to make a land registry entry or take other steps to secure assets.
There are many other reasons you may be able to claim compensation. If you’d like to discuss this further, contact our team on 01924 457171 or fill in our enquiry form below.