Suffering a personal injury can be an unpleasant experience. Not only because of the pain, suffering and loss but also as a consequence of the often lengthy nature of claims.
In the event your claim fails entirely or you receive less compensation than you are entitled to as a consequence of your solicitor’s negligence, you may feel even angrier and find yourself considerably out of pocket.
If you believe that you have been given negligent advice during your personal injury claim, we can help. Call us on 01924 457171 or fill out our enquiry form for a free, no obligation consultation.
Examples of professional negligence in personal injury
You may be entitled to compensation if:
- Your solicitor failed to advise you of the correct time limit or failed to take the necessary steps to prevent your claim timing out.
- Your solicitor failed to advise you on the need to obtain and use expert evidence or identify and instruct a suitable expert witness.
- Your solicitor failed to value your claim correctly or advising settlement at the wrong figure and under-settling.
- A failure to understand the case being put forward or being put forward by the other side.
- Your solicitor failed to comply with a court order, directions or appropriate rules so the claim is damaged or struck out with an adverse cost order.
- A failure to prepare properly for trial by lodging a proper and compliant trial bundle and ensuring the attendance of all expert and lay witnesses.
- Your solicitor failed to identify a suitable barrister where one was required or a failed to provide adequate instructions or a brief to the barrister.
This list is not exhaustive so if you would like to find out if you have a valid claim, you can call us on 01924 457171 or fill out our enquiry form below to request a call back.
A member of our dedicated professional negligence team will be in touch for a free, no obligation consultation and discuss your case.