Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact Miss Susan Lewis, Complaints Solicitor with the details. You can write to her at:
or e-mail [email protected]
If you send us an e-mail and do not receive an acknowledgement from us within 24 hours, please contact us by phone. We cannot guarantee receipt of electronic correspondence.
What will happen next?
- Within three days we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and ask you to confirm or explain any details.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve Susan Lewis, Complaints Partner, reviewing your matter file and speaking to the member of staff who acted for you.
- If appropriate we will then invite you to meet Miss Lewis to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We would hope to be in a position to meet with you in this way no longer than 14 days after first receiving your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or if we cannot arrange this within an agreeable timescale, we will write to you setting out our views on the situation and any redress that we feel to be appropriate.
- Within three days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions that we have agreed with you.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 10 days. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- Susan Lewis will review her own decision.
- We will arrange for someone in the Firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it.
- Christine Sands, Managing Director, will review your complaint.
- We will ask our local law society or another local firm of solicitors to review your complaint. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can contact: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six years of the date of our final written response on your complaint. For further information you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 1777 or at this email address.
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
You can download our Complaints Handling Policy.
In compliance with the European Regulation on Consumer Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) the ODR platform can be found here.