As a mixed practice, we are regularly updating everyone about the various issues that may be arising for them during the coronavirus outbreak. From employers to employees, or those wishing to write a will, you’ll find plenty of information in our Blog section, as well as on the following pages:
Jordans Solicitors was the first legal practice in the Kirklees area to be awarded the Law Society’s prestigious Lexcel Quality Mark. This practice management standard is only awarded to solicitors who meet the highest management and customer care standards. Our solicitors offices are based across Yorkshire in Wakefield, Dewsbury, Horsforth, Penistone and Selby.Learn More
- "I was helped every step of the way. I just want to say thank you for all your effort in this case, getting me a little bit of justice so thank you so much."
- "Because you were very efficient and kept me updated when anything happened. Very pleased with your service."
- "Good service. Taken on the case when others would not."
- "It has taken a while but I was expecting that. Your staff have shown dedication throughout.” “I was dealt with quickly, efficiently and in a very friendly and courteous way."
- "All I can say is a big thank you to all your members of staff who have been involved in my claim. I can’t thank you enough. Good luck for the future."
- "I found it very easy to talk to the staff, which made me feel comfortable."
- "I don’t think that you can get any better. I would highly recommend you due to the friendliness of your staff. Your level of service was ten out of ten. It was easy for example during the COVID virus lockdown somebody was always’s there to help. I would like to say a special thanks to Jane Matthews."
“Wendy has been amazing throughout her involvement in my recent divorce case. She has always been informative when I have had questions, she is a very easy person to talk to and is able to put information into simple terms so that I have understood the process. The support and consideration she has shown during this process has been amazing and I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is going through the same thing. Wendy has truly been fantastic with me during this process.” - A Family Law client of Wendy Campbell
Some recent comments on members of our Residential Property team:-
- “Shaquille is very professional, reliable and efficient” - Shaquille Kilbourne
- “Extremely pleased with Jessica’s approach to our work. Friendly, professional and provided timely responses to ourselves and other parties in the chain.” “We have a number of friends moving house in the near future, we will recommend Jessica to them.” - Jessica Dodd
- “Always available for assistance, helpful and friendly”. - Eleanor Parkin
“A very helpful lady who explained everything very clearly to me and made writing a will like writing a shopping list!! A credit to your firm. Friendly, welcoming and professional manner. Clear instructions and a quick turnaround.” - A Wills client of Lisa Baker
"Shaquille's level of commitment has been second to none, his pleasant voice at the end of the phone always answering all of my many queries. He has made this experience a great one for us" - A Residential Conveyancing client of Shaquille Kilbourne
“very quick on completing on the house. Jessica Dodd always informed us and make it a stress free sale. She is a credit to your services. Would definitely recommend. Right from the start nothing was too much trouble and it was a stress free sale. We would like you to pass on out thanks to Jessica Dodd. She worked above and beyond and was very straight with us. She is the reason we would use your firm again.” - A Residential Conveyancing client of Jessica Dodd
Rise In Reports Of Online Child Abuse Images During Lockdown The Internet Watch Foundation has reported that there has been a rise in reports of child abuse images online during lockdown, with an increase of almost 50%. The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) is supported by social media and technological companies and works to remove online...Read More
Police Investigate Abuse Allegations At Northampton Childrens Home Police are to investigate allegations of abuse at Arnold House Children’s Home, Northampton, run by Northamptonshire County Council. Four safeguarding incidents have been reported at the home since February 2020. The incidents involve various members of staff. Police have said that a 45-year old woman has been...Read More
Luton Maths Teacher Jailed For Sending Explicit Messages A former Maths teacher at a Luton school has been jailed for targeting young girls, sending them sexually explicit messages, images and videos on WhatsApp. Khaled Miah, 40, from Hemel Hempstead, pleaded guilty to attempting to cause a child to watch an image of sexual activity, two...Read More
Married Manchester HR Manager Jailed For Raping Baby Barry Hudson-Muscroft, 33, from Manchester, who had been married for 16 years, bragged online that he enjoyed abusing infants because they “couldn’t talk” and that he was “into anything from 0-15 years” During one incident, Hudson-Muscroft filmed himself raping a baby then shared images of the vile...Read More
Buxton Royal British Legion Chairman Jailed For Indecent Images Of Children Buxton Royal British Legion Chairman, Craig Wilson, 53, has been jailed for possessing indecent images of children. In his role as Chairman of the charity he deliberately kept his previous convictions concealed. Wilson had then been asked by the charity to attend a Brownie...Read More
British Gymnastics CEO Ashamed By Athletes Coach Abuse Allegations British Gymnastics CEO, Jane Allen, has told member clubs that she is “ashamed and appalled” by the multiple coach abuse allegations that have recently been made by athletes. Allen, who has been head of British Gymnastics since 2010, has urged anyone who has suffered mistreatment to...Read More
Ex-Labour MP Eric Joyce Admitted To Child Abuse Image Offence Eric Joyce, Ex-Labour MP for Falkirk, Scotland between 2002 and 2012, has admitted to the child abuse image offence of making an indecent image of a child at the Ipswich Crown Court. The offence was committed between the 7th August 2013 and the 6th November...Read More
More Gymnasts Claim Abuse After Netflix Athlete A Following the airing of Athlete A on Netflix, dozens more former gymnasts have come forward to claim further abuse by their coaches too. Lisa Mason, 38, who was a commonwealth gymnastics champion for Britain in the 2000 Sydney Olympics, has come forward with claims of the abuse...Read More
Tanya Grundy Jailed For Sexual Abuse Of Two Young Boys Female paedophile, Tanya Grundy, 35, of Chesterfield Road North, Pleasley Mansfield, has been jailed for sexually abusing two young boys. Nottingham Crown Court heard that one of the boys was just 4-years-old when the abuse began. Grundy was charged with 26 offences including: 12 charges...Read More
Lichfield Man Jailed For Sexually Assaulting 10 Year Old Girl 65-year-old Paul Norman Sankey, from Lichfield, Staffordshire, was sentenced to 2 years and 10 months at Stafford Crown Court after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting a 10-year-old-girl. A Sexual Harm Prevention Order was imposed on Sankey for a period of 10 years and he will...Read More